Harmel Academy of the Trades has selected the Advanced Manufacturing Technical Education Collaborative (AMTEC) Curriculum as the basis of the technical skills curriculum. The AMTEC curriculum is a nationally recognized, industry developed curriculum designed to support the technical development of Machine and Mechanical Systems Technicians.
AMTEC recognizes that the advanced manufacturing industries require uniquely trained employees to support:
- Increasingly flexible and lean manufacturing;
- Fluctuating customer demands;
- A growing focus on green and sustainable manufacturing; and
- Rapidly changing technology
In response to these industry demands, AMTEC now offers:
- Industry-led maintenance certification assessments available through NOCTI Business Solutions;
- Industry validated online competency-based college curriculum aligned to nationally researched skills standards in 2016;
- National analytics in an ongoing continuous improvement environment within AMTEC
- Industry-grade professional development for college instructional staff
- Shared best practices and educational models among colleges and industry partners
- Flexible career pathways instruction and dissemination to fit the unique needs of students, employees, and employers
For more information, visit AMTEC website.